Monday, April 21, 2008

12 Years Old

Chayden turned 12 on April 1. I can't believe that I have a 12 year old. (I am still 20 years old. )We let Chayden have one last birthday party. He had 9 of his friends over for pizza and movies. They were a bunch of wild boys. But James and I made it.

He had to wait almost 2 weeks before he was ordained, because of General Conference. On April 13th he was Ordained. James Ordained him and he did a really nice job. His Dad and Carrie, Grandma & Grandpa Krauter, Grandma & Grandpa Wheeler, Grandma & Grandpa Astle, Jody, Liz, Zack and Trevor were all there to share this special time with Chayden. We had to keep it small because between all of Chayden's family members we would of had to of done it in the chapel. (but that was not an option) After, we came back to our house and had lunch.

Chayden is very blessed to have so many people that love him. He has such a big family that he sometimes can not keep track of them all and who they are. But I know that they love him and they are very proud of him. Chayden is the first boy Grandson on his Dad's side to be Ordained.

I want Chayden to know how proud I am of him and how much I love him. There are sometimes that I might not show how much I love him, but I know he knows. He has been a very strong boy in his short life and has gone through a lot. He still doesn't understand why some things have happen, but one day he will, and I hope it will make him a better person.

You are a great Son. I Love you.


MOM





5 comments:

Emily Snow said...

Well, said, Mom!

Happy Birthday Chayden!

Emily Snow said...

Jeannie,

Totally random thought, but I have been meaning to tell you that every song that you have on your playlist is also one of my favorites!

frizzlefry said...

I don't think I've ever realized how close in age Evan and Chayden are. Evan turned 12 on March 29th. Weird to see them passing the sacrament and being all grown up, eh?

Michelle said...

Im so glad you blogged me.
Go to picnik.com. So easy to do and its free.

Michelle said...

I need to talk to you. I am really struggling at my job.
Call me if you have a second
786 3999