So I quite didn't get anything wrote yesterday. Sorry. I had to find my house first. Luckily Chayden was home for Presidents day so he was my slave yesterday. ( I did bribe him with a root beer float from A&W if he helped me all day long) and he did a really good job. He even went outside and played with Alex for about 1 hour. Anyway......
It is my Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary on February 20. So about the first of January we (the kids) got together and decided what to do for them. We thought it would be fun to put a video together of their life. You know that when you decide to do something you always think it will be easy and not take much time, but we all know how that goes. So Liz and I started getting pictures together. Luckily my Mom had already put a book together with all of her and my dad's pictures together. It had wedding, family gatherings and grandchildren pictures in it, so all we had to do is scan them in and crop them. So we scanned around 200 pictures to put in our video.
My mom and dad made it pretty easy for us to get all the pictures because they are gone 3 days out of the week. So we scanned some a Liz's house then I scanned the rest at my house. Now remember I have a 1 year old that does not stop. (Yes another child that does not stop) so I would scan when he was napping.
Then we had to pick some songs. Earlier Zack and Chayden had to "pass off" some stuff for scouts, and they asked Grandma and Grandpa what where some of their favorite songs back when. So we got a lot of info as far as what songs they liked. So we got some songs lined up for the video.
I started putting everything together, and it was going great. Then about half way there the program that I was using started to work really slow. So when I would put a picture in I would have to wait about 30 sec. before it realized what I had done. And when my patience where gone I would try and work a little bit faster and then it would freeze up and I would lose everything that I had just done. So I finally got it done and I went to burn it on a DVD and it would NOT work. We knew are drive was going out, but it would still work sometimes. So in a panic I called Liz and told her that I was going to save it on a memory stick and bring it to her computer to burn. (It should work right!!! ) Well when we put it on her computer all the effects were there, but no pictures and no music, so we would have to put all the pictures and music back in the video. That would be a lot of work, so we didn't do that because James was saying that he could get it fixed and that it would work on our computer. (he is very patient, as I'm freaking out because our party is only 4 days away.) So the next day James took our computer to his work to have the IT guy look at it, and he said that the reason why it wouldn't burn is because there is an error in the program that we were using. GREAT , so now do we take that chance on Liz's computer that it will do the same thing or just start over. So this was Wednesday and all day long James said don't worry about it I will take care of it. (Not good enough for me) So when he came home that night he went and bought me a new program (Nero8) so I started that night working on it until 2:00 AM then worked on it all day Friday. Saturday I made some finally adjustments and it was finished just in time for that night.
Are whole family got together(just 2 members missing) at the Bluebird, because that is where my mom and dad had their Wedding Breakfast 50 years ago. We had a nice dinner and watched the movie. They really enjoyed the whole evening. Sue Ann put together a quilt with pictures on it, and Liz made a beautiful cake for them. They got to cut their first piece of cake together. My mom and a doll instead of a wedding cake.
Anyway I know that it was kind of a long blog, but I hope to keep up better with my blog now that I'm not scanning pictures and swearing at my computer.
If I'm smart enough, I'll try and put the video on my blog. I will work on that. Now I need to go make my cards for "card club" since I just put Alex down for his nap.
(I know that there are some words spelled wrong, but I couldn't get my Spell check to work.)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Where I've been the last month.
Posted by Jeannie at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So that explains it. You HAVE been really busy. My family will be planning a party for my parents in a few years. I can only imagine what you were yelling at your computer.(*@!*)
Jeannie, I have a question. What is a rootboot float? Do they put the ice cream inside of a boot?
(lol) I miss being around you!!
I bet you're glad that's over with. I would have put the whole thing off until the Thursday before and just scanned pictures like mad. At least you gave yourself a month.
My blooger spell check hasn't been working either. If you have the Google toolbar in your broswer it has a good spell check in it that works.
My spellcheck hasn't been working lately either, and boy, have I been missing it!
It does sound like you had a busy month! Those movies are fun but they can take a lot of time! I did a 7-minute long one for our families of 2007 and it took me hours and hours and hours and my experience was a lot like yours, seemed like every turn I made I was running into problems. It was supposed to be for Christmas, I think I finished it around the second week in January.
I really want to get together with all of you former Lewiston girls this summer. I don't know the exact dates yet, but it will be most of June AND most of July. I've got to make the 17 hour flight with a 18 month old worth it (just shoot me now!)
The nice thing about these blogs is that this isn't something that you HAVE to do...even with pesky friends razzing you for not posting...you know there are so many things that we "have" to do. Not our blogs...nope, they are in the totally optional department! No worries!
I love your music!
I'm glad to hear that you got everything done in time for the party ... I bet it was awesome ... and I'm sure your family loved it ...
Cathie
Post a Comment