This is what I have been doing to pass the time while James has been out of town for the week. Here are a few pictures of the progress.

This is what I started with. It was my Grandpa's dresser that my Mom had. She did not want it any more, so she was going to send it to the DI. I thought about it for a minute, and then told her that I wanted it to see what I could do with it.
I added bead-board to both sides of the dresser.
I really wanted to title the top of it, but after looking in to it, it would of cost more then I wanted to spend, so I found some look-a-like tile that had adhesive on the back of it.
Added some trim to give it a little more character.

Painted it black.
.
Now this is where I need some help. I'm looking for the "wear-n-tear" look or antique look. I sanded the bead-board and the trim. So now do I sand the front of the drawers or not. Here is a picture of the drawers sanded?????????
Here it is not sanded??????
I need every body's help. Which one do you like? I plan on putting it in my kitchen hoping that it will look like a buffet, not so much like a dresser.
Please give me your input.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
My Project
Posted by Jeannie at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like the painted not distressed look ... and I think you've also succeded in changing the look to a side board vs a dresser ...
Looks good ... I'll have to come over and see it ...
Way cool now i need to build my desk/project space ... of course with DAD'S HELP
Cathie
I like the distressed antique look. Painted black looks very modern and I'm of the "old" school. but is is what you like that counts in the end. Dad A
Wow Jean, I am impressed. You and Melissa and Brooke and Liz are all Martha Stewart's now. I can't believe what you did with that dresser. Can you do one for me now? My vote is for the antique one. I really like the looks of that.
I would paint the drawers black, and sand down just the edges a little and also behind the drawer pulls. Where the wood would have gotten the most wear if it were an antique.
I think you have done an amazing job.
I like the painted look at least in the pix. I need to come by and see it in real life. You did an amazing job!! It looks really good
I am impressed as well! Don't worry, Kathleen, I'm no Martha Stewart...although I was pretending a couple of days ago...I don't usually take it beyond the kitchen...seriously, if you saw the way I live you would not be impressed. Messy, cluttered and not at all crafty...I promise! I don't scrapbook either!
I am into the antique look. That, and my boys end of antiquing everything anyway! I'd either go with the look that you have pictured or like your friend Christina suggested.
Post a Comment